Friday, April 2, 2010

Pink Saturday -- A classic in it's own right!

Thinking of  ROSES?

Classic red?

Not me!

I love roses of any kind ....

but pink ones make me

SWOON!



Doesn't that make you
catch your breath?!

Cool pink ...


or this warm pink ....

They are
SPECTACULAR!


Mmmmm....

these look ready to arrange.



Look how nice they play with others!!


They are never jealous of their red sisters ...

and probably wish we would let them
entertain TOGETHER more often!

They can be
SWEET ...

or EXOTIC!

I think I love ALL pink roses
and feel they are a classic
in their own right!

OKAY - Sammy Girl
Tell us a story!

Well ....

A kazillion years ago
in a Goodwill Store far far away ....

Actually not that far away,
but before the
"new, clean and shiney"
Goodwill stores.

You know -- before they
pull dated the
merchandise??

We found this little thing


Isn't she a beaut?

(was just in a mat ... no frame)

Cabbage roses ...
a little hobby watercolorist?


Traces of the artistic muse ...
(pencil lines ...)

and signed by
M. K. Nelson -- 1912.

We decided it had been
painted by "Aunt Martha"

Ever since that day
 there has been a
special place in our hearts
for watercolors of
roses.


Just like the title says ....

they are

"A Bunch of Beauties"!

Hugs and wishing you a beautiful PINK SATURDAY full of adventures and things you love!
SAMMY GIRL

notes:  other than "Aunt Martha's" pic ... all others are by Paul de Longpre except for two by Christie Repasy.  Her classic "French inspired romantic"  roses can be bought online or in stores.  Her website here.  She currentlly has a SALE going on!!
Be sure to visit other Pink Saturday participants and stop by to say hi to Beverly at How Sweet the Sound and thank her for hosting this meme each week!  Click on logo on sidebar or here.
Finally --   That day so long ago?  Well, Mr. Sammy Girl said a lady followed me for the entire 1/2 hour I was shopping, apparently hoping that I would put it down the watercolor so she could claim.  "Aunt Martha's" picture today? It hangs in our living room and I see it EVERY day!

10 comments:

  1. OH yes....they are BEAUTIFUL....every single rose I have ever senn has been my favorite....and these are WONDERFUL..thank you so much for sharing them.


    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great story, love all those roses, I am so drawn to anything with roses on them. Florence

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! And SO you! Of course you know I'm a fan of yellow roses - and roses of all kinds. Love the story of the 'follower' in the Goodwill. A couple of years ago when I found my china with yellow roses in the Goodwill I followed and 'watched' by several ladies who were so in hopes that I would change my mind. One lady even told me if I did, she was first in line!

    Hope to see you soon - oops, life went crazy and I didn't get a chance to call you back.

    Hugs,
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much beauty in your post today! May you have a blessed Easter.

    Sherry @ A Happy Valentine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how I love me some de Longpre....they're about the only rose prints I have...but that *Aunt Martha's* picture...it is gorgeous!
    I'm so glad you had a good sale...was it fun?...I missed them this year:(...
    Rene
    PS somehow I missed your WW post...love that *ammo* box...just the perfect white chippiness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love roses they are so beautiful!!!

    Happy Pink Saturday!!!

    Hugs
    Charo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely lovely roses!!!
    Happy Pink Saturday!!
    Happy Easter!
    Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. so pretty and cheerful!I, too, adore pink roses. I forgot to sign up ahead of time for the pink party, so I'm leaving my pink link and hoping that you'll drop by soon. Have a fun weekend! until later...

    http://www.livelaughmakesomething.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi my Friend,
    Hope you had a fantastic Easter.
    Many blessings and hugs comin your way.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aunt Martha's painting is wonderful and I love pink roses too.

    ReplyDelete