Friday, April 9, 2010

Springtime .... Time to Spread Your Wings!

Hey Chickie!

Time to fly the coop?

This morning I woke up and

1) felt good (health issues at bay)
2) was home (not that usual of late)
3) had nothing urgent on the calendar (hurray!)
4) realized I had not been to any sales this year
(the 4 Friends Preview doesn't count!)

So .... I did what any chick would do ...
Spread my wings!

Road Trip, Baby!

Well, not a REAL road trip involving overnight stay or driving more than 60 miles from home ... but enough of a road trip to energize my psyche and make for a fun day.

First Stop?
Harris Farms Spring Sale.

(they are open tomorrow, too!

Enjoyed the drive out of the city
and LOVED the items for sale.


Especially emjoyed
the spring florals touches ...


mmm mmm mmm!


Even though they are faux
don't you
LOVE
the moss and white tulips
in this set of bed springs?

While there I chatted with
Natalie - "Sparrow"
about
sales - what we were buying
soldering - she invited me over to practice
and SWEETS! 

She will be making some of her
luscious goodies
for Cindy's next barn sale!
I understand they sold out pretty fast at the last sale ...

I'm just sayin' ...

being an early bird to get one
of Natalie's mini-cakes
is MUCH better than
getting up for a worm!!

Next Stop?
IKEA!  Always good for a pick-me-up!
(Must have their frozen yogurt!)
Bought a Benno DVD cabinent for studio storage.

Hmmm ... Where Now?

M O N T I C E L L O !!

First up was Cindy's front window.
As only the Queen of Tarte
can do!

A little chippy ...
a little funky ...

And a whole lot of
glamour and FUN!

Headed to the side room with the
spring sale.

A bunch of chickies
were gabbing about the sale.


Lots of
HUMAN chickies, too!

I bought a frame from Julie
Kindred Roses
(she should just set up at MY HOUSE!!)

oops ... no pics!

As I meanered around I saw
so many of my faves ...

Randy, ... AF&A, ... and Aleta

She is one talented gal!

Around one corner I saw just what
I NEEDED!

Seriously!

The 2 perfect salad plates
in Rose Chintz
were REQUIRED to come
home with me.

They are my everyday china!

Then I fell in love.
This mini greenhouse
was calling my name.

I blew a kiss and walked away.
Time to head home when you
want a greenhouse for your
driveway!

Well ...


Seemed like enough fun
and it was getting late,
 so I didn't give into my wild child
and hit any Goodwill stores
and other thrifts on the way home.

When Mr. Sammy Girl came home
we headed out to dinner and
capped our evening with a bit of shopping at Nordy's.

Yes, the house is still a mess
and laundry needs to be done. 

But this chicky NEEDED today. 

I laughed,
I smiled,
visited with friends, 
shopped,
listened to Mr. Sammy Girls' stories ...
and feel rejuvenated!!

Hugs and here's to a day doing just what you want with people who encourage you to spread your wings!
SAMMY GIRL

7 comments:

  1. Oh, I wish I could have gone with you yesterday - it would have been such fun! It was good to talk to you late yesterday. Can't wait to see you again. Take care, my friend - glad you're feeling better again.
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great visiting with you at Harris Farm's great sale!! It's Saturday, the sun's out and I'm headed to PSU to sell at the farmers market w/ Zoe's Favorites Pickles & Preserves...my niece!!
    See you in May (8th) if not sooner!!

    Sue xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great day! I love the china and the greenhouse, fabulous!!!!
    How wonderful to look and visit so many favs in one stop!!!
    Hugs,
    Margaret B

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was wondering where you were! What a load of goodies you have to share!! Love your china and those bears are amazing!! Have a super great extra special wonderful weekend!

    Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like the perfect way to spend a day and recharge. I need one of those without a clock ticking in my head.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post really got my attention because I grew up eating off of Rose Bud Chintz (just a litle different than yours) which was my mothers' everyday china. Glad you had such a fun day!!
    Annette

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I ran away to Monticello for awhile on Saturday. I walked into the one room and heard the birds chirping. It just made my heart sing with joy. I think I had better post the pictures I took tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete